Saturday, September 27, 2008

Turkey Chili

I invented this recipe this week while Tom was out of town - it fed me for about 8 straight meals and I didn't get sick of it! Must be good!

1 T olive oil
2 medium-large onions, chopped
4 carrots, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 small zucchinis, chopped
1 small yellow squash, chopped

1.5 T chili powder
2 t cumin
2 t garlic powder
1 t onion powder
1 t paprika
.5 t chipotle powder
1 t mustard powder
2 t salt

1.25 lb ground turkey

1 can white beans
1 can pinto beans (with basil, I believe)
1 can kidney beans
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 large can diced fire roasted chilis

Lightly cook veggies in non-stick pot. Add spices, stir and cook for another minute. Add turkey and stir in (this won't cook just yet). Add the canned ingredients, and enough water to submerse all chunks. Cover and let it cook until all turkey is done (boil maybe 5 min).

No comments: