Sunday, November 9, 2008

Crepes

I am a notorious non breakfast-eater. I don't really like pancakes, oatmeal, french toast, omelettes, and many other staples. Turns out I DO like crepes. We stuffed them with cinnamon and sugar, lemon juice, and some strawberries that we picked last summer and froze.

As a super bonus, the extras save really well in the fridge. And they're delicious for lunch - Tom rolled us up some crepes filled with chopped meatballs, onions, peppers, and Cabot cheddar. YUM!

From Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything" (Makes 4 servings)

1 c flour
Pinch salt
1.25 c milk
2 eggs
1 T butter (melted and cooled)
1 T oil

Mix flour, salt, and milk until smooth. Add eggs, butter, and oil. Cook in medium-high non-stick pan, 1 or 2 tablespoons per crepe. Swirl around until they are as thin as possible in the pan. Flip when the top has "dried out"

No comments: