Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Chicken Paprikash

From Cooking Light:

4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 12 oz), cut into bite-sized pcs)
2 Tbsp flour
2 tsp paprika
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp ground red pepper
1 Tbsp butter
½ c coarsely chopped onion
8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ c fat-free chicken broth
¼ c reduced-fat sour cream
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

1. Combine chicken, flour, paprika, salt and pepper in zip-loc plastic bag; seal and shake to coat.
2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture, onion, mushrooms, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes.
3. Add broth; bring to boil. Lower heat and cook 6 minutes or til chicken in done and sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
4. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.

4 servings
Note: Boneless chicken thighs are disgusting! I had to defat them and then had little left! Nevertheless, the meat was very tender and tasty, so I would hesitate to make this with breast meat. But I am going to try that next time. Also, I had to add a bit of spray oil on the skillet, which you probably wouldn’t need to do if you had a non-stick variety. Finally, this recipe was written as a baked potato topping recipe; I put it on noodles.

Nutritional info: fat 8.6g, sat fat 3.9g, protein 22.9g, carb 36.3g, chol 86mg (yikes)

No comments: